Build cost: 500k
Client: Leighton Hospital
Location: Middlewich, Crewe
Type of works: Hospital Refurbishment Works
Total Construction Weeks to Completion: 40
Completion date: September 2021
The project involved a major window replacement to new UPVC for a large NHS hospital, undertaken in two phases to cause minimal disruption to patient care.
Elements involved to carry out the project:
- In-depth Construction Phase Health & Safety Plans incorporating fire and safety procedures tailored to meet the needs of a live hospital faced with the additional burden of dealing with a global pandemic.
- The removal and disposal of several hundred windows contaminated with Asbestos.
- The replacement of same with new solar glazed units.
- Extensive scaffolding to facilitate the Works.
- The development of methodologies that allowed for the Works to be undertaken in a manner that protected the hospital’s patients and staff.
- Continuous liaison with the NHS trust to ensure that areas could be safely accessed and worked on in a manner that did not disrupt the vital operations of the hospital.
- In-depth programming with detailed control and co-ordination of sub-contractors retained to undertake specialist elements of the project.